Feb 24, 2008

Life in A^2, US of A

First, define A^2: pronounced A squared, full name: Ann Arbor; a university town.

After almost 2 months here, there are many things for me to share!

First> The vehicle's plate.
I was puzzled when I first realized that plate is only needed at the back of the car!
So, it can be anything in front











And I don't know why variety of plate # can be chosen....just look at the plate below..










"UM FAN 1" and then M Go Blue sign down left...
An obvious Michigan fan! FYI, Michigan is the winningest college football team...the term winningest sounds weird...

Second> the buses here are very punctual! Or at least won't let you wasted an hour waiting for bus like in Malaysia.
There are 2 bus services.
1. AATA The Ride. A public bus service; free for UM students.
2. Magic bus! UM's bus. It's magical! Why? Oh, you can be in your room a minute before, then another minute in the bus! How? we can see the bus moving in google map...then when the bus is near, grab your bag and go!




Third> I love shopping! Yes shopping!
Here has no WalMart, but has Kroger and Meijer.
Meijer is the biggest here and all the goods are at reasonably cheap prices. And I love the self-scanning paying method since it's free of tax in Kroger and lesser tax in Meijer.

Forth> You can earn some pocket money by participating in paid survey. So far I've received $33 from 3 different surveys. I did it sincerely one ah....not just simply get money. So, I've helped thoundsands of people who will be benefited from those surveys! I even donated some money during one survey! See, I do help people while helping myself!
Besides surveys, there are many freebies we can get in US. There are many companies giving out free samples; just give them your address and they send you their samples! Now I'm expecting a lot of them coming to me in coming weeks!

Now is spring break!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment