Apr 30, 2008

Late for class...

For the first time in my life, I overslept and was late for the first class meeting of the new semester!

For some of you it's quite a norm but it was the FIRST time in my life I never wake up in time to get to class!

Alarm rang @8.30am but then just dozed off...and when I' was enjoying my dream suddenly my roommate called me up @ 10:04am and OH NO! My class starts @10am!

(*actually my roommate knew I'm having class @10 and he also has class @ 10 but only woke me up when he's ready to go...and the reason he woke me up only @10:04 = he thought I'm already out but obviously I was still at my bed, and he definitely couldn't have not seen me in bed because he must have seen me because he must pass by my room to go in & out to his room...confused? )


Then although it was late, I still arranged my bedsheet before rushing to bathroom to get my face washed and messy hair combed. I must keep my room tidy all the time, regardless rain or sunny, snow or sandstorm, day or night, left or right.

And with empty stomach I ran to Dennison Building which is 10 minutes away. And since I never went to the lecture room before, more time was wasted searching for the room...

And finally @ 10:21, I slowly turned the door knob and get into the lecture room as quiet as possible but to discover my professor was in front the lecture room and glanced at me...for a short while....ok...then I just grabbed a seat and sit down and pretended as though I was there since 10am...

But late only mah...in It's not really a big deal...there are a few more people later than me and just came in like it's their home...

But that's just not me...so this post is the first warning letter to myself! No more late for class. (although I skipped all the ungraded discussion sessions for CHEM210 last semester because it's @ the very early 8am...)

[Update] so far never late :)

3 comments:

  1. haha, late to class only mah! no big deal la! i use to oversleep de, but since i'm so high level, i seldom late to clz.
    actually got a similar experience with yours, i missed 2 buses which passed by in front of me saying that they are full when they of course have a place to fit in just me. anw, my clz start by 10am n i reached by 10.20am, entering the clz as invisible as i could...my lec did glance at me too...but the most unbelievable thing is that just when i start to settle down n start listening for few minutes, the lecturer says the clz is finished...n i just attend the clz for 20minutes....haiz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah.. ur roommate muz be very hardworking for waking up early..lol... Anyway, I heard from your roommate that he's in the washroom and only found you still sleeping at 10.04am wor.. hehe...=p

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ anonymous: yalor...luckily he saw me sleeping...or else I won't be able to write this blog...because I'll sleep until eternity...touch wood...but 1 thing for sure..I don't snore when sleeping so he did not notice earlier :)

    ReplyDelete