Sep 2, 2008

Merdeka

Not intended to write about merdeka but read about it at blog so now I'm writing and you are reading

merdeka = independence = refer to Malaysia's Independence Day 0n Aug 31

8.31
it has been 831 days since I left Msia. oh no no, it's 8 months and 31 days.

what's so special about it? to some people it just a public holiday or wake up in the morning to watch TV or it's just August 31 but when you are study abroad there's sense of patriotism. Not that I wasn't a patriot but as Michelle Obama said, for the first time I really proud of my country, for me, for the first time I really appreciate Hari Merdeka.

and no fireworks display no parade on TV, the only thing is this T shirt
A 50th Hari Merdeka shirt I bought.
The shirt that I wore on Aug 31 2007 & Aug 31 2008 and sometimes Aug 21 and sometimes July 31
and the photo was taken after I took the shirt out from laundry bag...

No comments:

Post a Comment